Just about every Kentuckian hosting a Kentucky Derby Party will serve these delectable Southern bite-sized treats!
2 sticks butter, softened
2 lbs. powdered sugar
1/4 cup bourbon
1 cup finely chopped pecans (I put pecan halves in a food processor.)
2 - 12 oz. bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp. shortening (I've been known to use butter flavored.)
86-90 pecan halves for garnishing
1. Using an electric mixer, mix softened butter with powdered sugar until well blended.
2. Add bourbon and mix well.
3. Hand stir in the chopped pecans.
4. Refrigerate mixture for at least 1 hour.
5. While mixture is chilling. line 4 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
6. When mixture is chilled, use a small cookie scoop to guarantee a uniform size of bourbon balls.
7. Roll each bourbon ball and place on cookie sheets.
8. Refrigerate bourbon balls.
9. Melt 1 bag plus 1 tablespoon of shortening.
10. Dip bourbon balls in chocolate and place a pecan half on each ball.
11. Return dipped bourbon balls to refrigerator.
12. Repeat #9-#11 until all balls have been dipped.
* These bourbon balls will keep in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for a month.
29 Creative Ways To Spend Less and Save More
12 hours ago