These Crash Hot Potatoes are a nice change from the hum-drum potatoes I always make as a side dish. I didn't want to buy scallions just for this recipe, so I topped them with sour cream and shredded cheddar. They are quite tasty!
•12-15 baby red potatoes
•1 tbsp olive oil
•Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (PW said 450 but I used 400).
2. Boil the potatoes for 10-15 minutes or until fork tender.
3. Place on a cooking sheet coated with cooking spray or drizzled with olive oil.
4. Place the potatoes on the baking sheet and with a potato masher, gently smash each potato.
5. Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and pepper (add a bit of your favorite dry herbs if you like).
6. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
7. Eat plain or top with a little sour cream and green onions.
15 hours ago