Tonight I attempted a new recipe to surprise Papa Dukes. I had never made stuffed sole before, but Bill often orders it when we go to a seafood restaurant. So...I attempted this recipe. Thanks to Farmer's Daughter Blog for sharing this recipe. Bill said he really enjoyed it, but I am going to keep revising the recipe until I get it just right.
Ingredients for Seafood Stuffing:
■1 small red or yellow onion, diced
■2 Tbsp butter
■1 Tbsp olive oil
■1 1/2 to 2 cups breadcrumbs
■salt and pepper, to taste
■water, as needed
■2 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
■1/2 tsp paprika
1. In a large skillet, saute the onion in the butter and olive oil over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until it’s translucent.
2. Add the breadcrumbs, stirring to coat in the butter and oil.
3. Add water, 1/2 cup at a time, until the stuffing holds together.
4. Stir in parsley and paprika and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Allow to cool slightly before stuffing fish.
Ingredients for Baked Stuffed Sole:
■4 fillets of sole (or other thin fish fillet)
■stuffing for seafood
■4 Tbsp breadcrumbs, for topping
■1 Tbsp butter, for topping
■sprinkles of paprika, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Place 2-3 Tbsp of stuffing in the center of each fillet.
2. Roll the fillet, and place open-end down in a greased baking dish.
3. Repeat for remaining fillets.
4. If there’s stuffing left over, arrange it around the fish or in the center of the dish.
5. Top each roll with 1 Tbsp breadcrumb, and dot with butter.
6. Sprinkle paprika on top, and bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!