Elegant, light & delectable are the adjectives I use to describe this cake. Again, my dear friend and neighbor, Lisa, shared this recipe with me. I think she found it in a magazine.
1 pkg. (2-layer size) spice cake mix
3 large carrots, shredded (about 2 cups)
8 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup chopped pecans
2 - 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
8 oz. tub Cool Whip
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; stir in carrots, pineapple and 3/4 c. nuts. Pour into 2 (9-inch) square pans sprayed with cooking spray. (Lisa baked her cake in a 9x13 pan, and it worked great.)
3. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If using 9-inch square pans, cool pans 10 minutes; invert onto wire racks. Remove pans. Turn cakes over, cool completely.
4. Beat cream cheese and sugar until well blended. Whisk in Cool Whip.
5. If using a 9x13 cake, spread frosting on top of cake and then top with remaining nuts. If using 9-in squares, stack cake layers on plate, spreading frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Top with remaining nuts.
6 Keep refrigerated.
3 hours ago