Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fresh Broccoli Salad

In my opinion, this is a 5-star salad! The recipe is requested every time I bring it to a get-together. This recipe is for 8  servings, and it can easily be doubled or tripled. I hope you enjoy it as much as I.

Ingredients:
  • 2 heads fresh broccoli
  • 1 red onion (sometimes I reduce it to 2/3 red onion)
  • 2.8 oz. bag Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Recipe Pieces
  • 3/4 c. raisins
  • 3/4 c. sliced almonds
  • 1 c. mayonnaise
  • 1/2 c. white sugar
  • 2 TBSP white wine vinegar
Directions:
  1. Cut broccoli into bite-size pieces.
  2. Cut onion into thin bite-size pieces and add to broccoli pieces.
  3. Combine bacon, raisins, almonds and mix well.
  4. To prepare the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar together until smooth.
  5. Mix everything together and chill. (It can actually be made the day before it is to be served. This allows the ingredients times to season together.)

No comments:

Post a Comment