Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pimento Cheese

This is my favorite pimento cheese spread because it has a little kick to it! Actually, it is Paula Deen's son's recipe (Bobby). I serve it as an appetizer with crackers...especially when I serve a Southern meal. Bill and I also enjoy pimento cheese sandwiches at work. I usually double this recipe....YUMMY!

Ingredients
  • 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 cup grated sharp cheddar
  • 1 cup grated Monterey Jack
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 teaspoon House Seasoning, recipe follows
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons pimentos, smashed
  • 1 teaspoon grated onion
  • Cracked black pepper
Directions:
  1. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
  2. Add all of the remaining ingredients and beat until well blended.
House Seasoning:
  • 1 cup salt
  • 1/4 cup black pepper
  • 1/4 cup garlic powder
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment