This copycat recipe for Cracker Barrel Green Beans is as close to Cracker Barrel's version I've ever made...YUMMY!
1/4 lb sliced bacon
3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans, with liquid
1/4 yellow onion
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1. In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, cook bacon until lightly brown but not crisp.
2. When bacon has browned, add green beans.
3. Add salt, sugar and pepper and mix well.
4. Place onion on top of green beans.
5. Cover saucepan with a lid and bring to a light boil.
6. Turn heat down to low and simmer beans for 45 minutes