This recipe is an oldie, but goodie! We used to eat this meal with Beth and Aaron's babysitter and family back in the early 1980's. Betty is an excellent cook, and we could always count on her for a delicious meal. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have for many years.
1 lb. round steak, cubed (I use eye of round.)
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 Tbsp. flour
1 1/2 cups tomato juice
4 oz. can sliced mushrooms
salt & pepper to taste
1 cup sour cream
1 pkg extra wide egg noodles
- Cut up steak.
- Brown steak and onions in small amount of cooking oil.
- Stir in flour, salt & pepper.
- Add tomato juice and drained mushrooms.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Add sour cream.
- Heat, but don't allow to boil.
- Stir into noodles cooked according to package directions.