These brownies are to die for! Oh, my goodness! They should be cut into small squares because they are soooooooo rich!
- Brownies ~ ingredients you need for your personal homemade brownies (sorry...I don't share mine because I bake them for rewards at school...don't want my students to have the recipe because Mrs. Canterbury's homemade brownies will no longer be special treats)
- 40 Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate (I use chocolate chips)
- Toast pecans ~ Bake in 350 degrees oven 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown and fragrant.
- Bake homemade brownies of your choice in 9x13 baking pan sprayed with Pam.
- Toward the end of the baking time for the brownies, make the caramel ~ Place unwrapped caramels and 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream in sauce pan. Cook on low heat, stirring frequently, until creamy.
- Add pecans to smooth, warm caramel.
- Pour caramel/pecan mixture on top of brownies shortly after the brownies come out of the oven. Spread over entire pan of brownies.
- Let brownies cool to room temperature; then cover and put in refrigerator for one hour or until brownies are firm.
- Make ganache ~ Place chocolate chips in heatproof bowl. Heat 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream in small sauce pan on medium heat or in microwave. Bring cream to a boil. Then pour hot cream over chocolate chips, and allow it to stand for 5 minutes. Then whisk chocolate/cream until smooth.
- Drizzle ganache over cold brownies.
- Cut into 48 squares. This dessert is rich, rich, rich!
- Enjoy! This is a little taste of heaven!