If you like chocolate covered cherries, this recipe is FOR YOU! Chocolate covered cherries is one of my favorite Christmas candies, so I am thrilled with this recipe! I hope you like it too! Please let me know if you like it by commenting below.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 10 oz. jar Maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 25-30 Hershey Kisses
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar.
- Add cherry juice, almond extract, red food coloring and salt and beat well.
- Add flour 1 cup at a time, scraping bowl.
- Fold in cherries.
- Place quarter (or a little bigger, depending on how you like them) sized balls of dough on cookie sheet leaving a little room between them to spread.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately top with Hershey Kisses, pressing down slightly.
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Makes 25-30 cookies.