Saturday, October 15, 2011

German Chocolate Cake Cookies


I enjoy browsing All Recipes. This is where I found these simple and delicious German Chocolate Cake Cookies. I am getting all kinds of ideas for new cookies using this concept. I'm thinking it will be fun to try different cake mixes and different fillings! What a variety of cookie ideas!

I am learning to post the actual recipe of findings at other websites because I clicked on a link from my website tonight and discovered the website was not available. So...here't the actual recipe for Allrecipes German Chocolate Cake Cookies:

Ingredients:
• 1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 2/3 cup shortening
• 1 (16 ounce) container prepared coconut pecan frosting

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix, eggs and shortening until well blended. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Match up evenly sized cookies and sandwich them with the coconut pecan frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment