Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mama Sherri's Mac 'n Cheese

I don't claim to be good at making mac 'n cheese, but I blended some recipes I already had and made this recipe. I hope you like it as much as Papa Dukes and I like it! ☺

Ingredients:

16 oz. (4 cups) uncooked elbow macaroni
3/4 stick butter (or margarine) + 2 Tbsp.
6 Tbsp. flour
2 cups milk
salt to taste
white pepper to taste
2 cups shredded cheddar (I like to mix mild and sharp.)
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

1. Cook macaroni per box instructions.
2. While macaroni is cooking, melt 3/4 stick butter (or margarine) in sauce pan.
3. Mix flour with melted butter. Let it begin to brown.
4. Slowly add milk, salt & white pepper. This will thicken to make a roux.
5. Slowly add shredded cheddar and stir until it is completely blended.
6. Stir cheesy roux and cooked/drained macaroni.
7. Pour mac 'n cheese mixture into dish sprayed with Pam.
8. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter (or margarine) in microwave.
9. Stir seasoned bread crumbs with melted butter, and then sprinkle on top of mac 'n cheese.
10. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment