Thursday, October 13, 2011

Homemade Reeses Peanut Butter Truffles


Pinterest is the best website for finding all kinds of ideas. This is exactly where I first found this Homemade Reeses Peanut Butter Truffles Recipe. From Pinterest I found the Six Sisters Stuff Blog! They have some wonderful sounding recipes, and I can't wait to try more. This recipe was a big hit with Papa Dukes tonight! I just made a few revisions because I'm too lazy to do things the hard way. So...here's my version:

Ingredients:

2 sticks butter softened
3 3/4 cups powdered sugar (1 lb.)
1 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups graham crackers (Here's where I was lazy, but you could crush a sleeve of graham crackers instead.)
1 pkg. chocolate Almond Bark (found at Walmart)

Directions:

1. Mix butter, powdered sugar, peanut butter & graham cracker crumbs until well blended.
2. Roll into 1-inch balls and put on wax paper lined cookie sheets.
3. Put cookie sheets in freezer for 20 minutes.
4. After 20 minutes melt chocolate per package directions. (I melt half at a time.)
5. Dip balls in melted chocolate and return to wax paper lined cookie sheets.
6. Once chocolate is firm, store truffles in refrigerator.
Makes 6 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment