Sunday, November 20, 2011
This candy is a must for a Kentucky Derby party. Although the recipe calls for 5 tablespoons bourbon, you may add more if you want. This recipe makes 30 balls.
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
5 tablespoons Kentucky bourbon
18 oz. dipping chocolate (I use semisweet.)
1. Cream together butter and sugar.
2. Add bourbon until well blended.
3. If the dough is too soft to form balls, put in refrigerator for 1 hour before forming the balls.
4. Form into 3/4" balls, and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
5. Chill balls in refrigerator overnight.
6. Melt chocolate. (I use a double boiler if using semisweet chips.)
7. Dip balls to coat, letting excess drip off.
8. Return to refrigerator to harden.
9. Store in airtight container in refrigerator until serving time.