Sunday, November 20, 2011
Simple Sausage Balls
Makes 50 sausage balls.
1 lb. spicy pork sausage
10 oz. grated cheddar cheddar (mild or sharp)
3 cups Bisquick
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine sausage, cheese and Bisquick until well blended. (I usually put on plastic gloves and do this part with my hands, but it can be done with a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.)
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls and arrange 1 inch apart on a dry cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until browned.
6. Drain on paper towels, then serve hot or at room temperature.
***I have been known to make the balls, freeze them and pop them in the oven as I want to serve them.***