A friend of mine made this recipe for a potluck luncheon we had at school years ago. I have made it several times, and it is always a crowd favorite. It is requested every Thanksgiving. It really is the best squash recipe I've ever tasted. It makes about 16-18 servings. Delish!
1 box cornbread mix
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, melted
1 onion, diced
2 cans sweet creamed corn
3 lbs. (8-10) yellow squash, sliced
1/4 cup sugar
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Boil squash in water 8-10 minutes, but not more than 15 minutes.
3. In bowl, mix all ingredients, stirring well.
4. Add additional seasonings if needed.
5. Pour into 2 small greased (or 1 large greased) dish.
6. Bake for 45 minutes.
29 Creative Ways To Spend Less and Save More
12 hours ago