Sunday, November 6, 2011
Ham & Cheese Sliders
I adapted the Ham & Cheese Sliders from The Recipe Club. What a tasty sandwich to serve during today's football games! I also plan to serve these sandwiches sometime with my Cheese Potato Soup. The beauty of this recipe is that the sandwiches can be assembled a day ahead and kept in the fridge until ready to bake.
24 Hawaiian Bread Rolls (or good white rolls)
24 pieces of good honey ham
24 small slices Swiss cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup Miracle Whip
Poppy Seed Sauce Ingredients:
3/4 tablespoon or 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 stick melted butter
1 tablespoon minced onion
1/2 teaspoon worceshire sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and Miracle Whip. Spread onto both sides of the center of each roll.
3. Place a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss inside of each roll.
4. Close rolls and place them close together into a baking dish or cookie sheet.
5. Whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients in a bowl.
6. Pour evenly over all sandwiches.
7. Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly.
8. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
9. Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes.
10. Serve warm.