Sunday, November 20, 2011
This recipe allows your Derby guests to have a taste of the Derby Pie without needing a fork. It makes 36 tartlets.
36 mini phyllo shells
1/3 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup finely chopped pecans
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup bourbon
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1 1/2 cups whipped cream (or Readi-Whip)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped milk chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly spray a large cookie sheet with Pam.
3. Arrange shells on prepared cookie sheet.
4. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips into shells.
5. In a small bowl, stir together pecans, brown sugar, bourbon, egg, and butter.
6. Spoon evenly into shells.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, or until browned.
8. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Top each tart with whipped cream and sprinkle with chopped chocolate.