Shannon, Bill's niece, brought this cookie to a Christmas gathering years ago, and it has been my favorite cookie since! I have just varied it a bit to make it look a little festive. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have. Thanks, Shannon!
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter (or margarine) melted
2 eggs (separated)
2 cups flour
food coloring of your choice
a few chocolate chips
1/4 cup melted margarine
3 cups powdered sugar
milk (the thickness you want it...Shannon and I make ours thick.)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix brown sugar, butter, egg yolks and flour.
3. Roll into 1-inch balls.
4. Dip in egg whites.
5. Roll in pecans.
6. Push center almost down to cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 5-6 minutes.
8. Let cookies completely cool before filling with frosting. (Frosting does not have to be colored, but it makes it festive.)
My name is Sherri. I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a grandmother, a teacher and a friend. I am also a recovering perfectionist. Above all, I am a child of God. I love the time I spend with my family, friends and students. I enjoy traveling, cooking, shopping, scrapbooking, eating out and getting manis and pedis. Oh, and I so love my granddaughter, Madeleine, and my grandpuppy, Miley! They really make me smile! There is so much more, but this is a glimpse of who I am.