I enjoy serving these Eggnog Truffles during the holidays. I hope you enjoy this recipe too.
My simplified version...
•1 pound white baking chocolate, divided (I use Almond Bark.)
•4 ounces (1/2 package) cream cheese, softened
•1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
•1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
•1/4 teaspoon rum extract
•ground nutmeg (for sprinkling)
1. Melt 8 ounces of the chocolate as directed on package.
2. Beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, nutmeg and extract in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended and smooth.
3. Add melted chocolate; beat until well mixed.
4. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
5. Shape into 24 (about 3/4-inch) balls, and place on wax paper-lined cookie sheet.
6. Refrigerate until ready to dip.
7. Coat only 12 truffles at a time. Melt 4 ounces of the remaining chocolate.
8. Dip 1 truffle at a time into the chocolate, and return to wax paper-lined cookie sheet.
9. Sprinkle truffles with nutmeg.
10. Repeat with remaining 4 ounces chocolate and remaining truffles.
11. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is set.
12. Store truffles in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Makes 2 dozen.
Playing in Concert
15 hours ago