I couldn't help but borrow this recipe from www.tablespoon.com because it is not only delicious, but it is also adorable. It is a hit at any winter get-together.
3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (16 ounces)
2 tablespoons basil pesto
1 tablespoon grated onion
1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard
2 drops red pepper sauce
1 container (4 ounces) whipped cream cheese, softened
Decorations of your choice (I use raisins for eyes and buttons, part of a carrot for the nose, part of a red pepper for the mouth, asparagus spears for arms and pieces of asparagus tops for the crown.)
1. Mix 3 packages cream cheese and the Cheddar cheese; divide into 3 equal parts.
2. Combine 2 parts to equal two-thirds of mixture; mix in pesto.
3. Mix onion, mustard and pepper sauce into remaining one-third mixture.
4. Cover each cheese mixture and refrigerate about 4 hours or until firm enough to shape.
5. Shape each cheese mixture into ball.
6. Wrap each ball with plastic wrap and freeze.
7. About 12 hours before serving, remove balls from freezer.
8. Thaw in wrappers in refrigerator.
9. Arrange balls on serving plate with smaller ball on top for head of snowman.
10. Frost snowman with whipped cream cheese before serving.
11. Decorate as desired.
12. Serve with crackers.
13. Store covered in refrigerator.