Sunday, June 5, 2011

30-Minute Chicken Noodle Soup

I can't take credit for this recipe. I found it in the February/March 2010 issue of my Taste of Home magazine. We enjoy this soup on a cold, blustery day and when we are under the weather. I hope you enjoy it as well...soooo easy...soooo good!

Ingredients:
4 cups water
1 can (14 1/2 oz.) chicken broth
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
3/4 cup sliced celery
3/4 cup sliced fresh carrots (I sometimes use canned carrots.)
1 small onion, chopped (I sometimes use frozen onion.)
1 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules (I sometimes use a cube.)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 cups uncooked egg noodles

Directions:
1. In a Dutch oven, combine the first 10 ingredients.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat.
4. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
5. Stir in noodles.
6. Cook 5-7 minutes longer or until noodles and vegetables are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment