My mother-in-law was the BEST COOK ever! This recipe is one she shared with me many years ago, and I continue making it over and over again!
4 large Granny Smith apples
1 unbaked pie crust
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Pare apples, cut in eighths and arrange in 9-inch unbaked pie crust.
3. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup sugar mixed with cinnamon.
4. Sift remain 1/2 cup sugar with flour; cut in butter until crumbly; spring over apples.
5. Bake in 450 degree oven for 10 minutes.
6. Turn down oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking 40 minutes.
More Than a Hero
6 hours ago