My mother-in-law was the BEST COOK ever! This recipe is one she shared with me many years ago, and I continue making it over and over again!
4 large Granny Smith apples
1 unbaked pie crust
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Pare apples, cut in eighths and arrange in 9-inch unbaked pie crust.
3. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup sugar mixed with cinnamon.
4. Sift remain 1/2 cup sugar with flour; cut in butter until crumbly; spring over apples.
5. Bake in 450 degree oven for 10 minutes.
6. Turn down oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking 40 minutes.
Your Safe Place
19 hours ago