This is Bill's favorite cake. His mom would make it for his birthday and pile a slice of this cake with strawberries and whipped topping. What a treat!
1 lb. butter, softened
2 2/3 cups sugar
8 egg yolks
8 Tablespoons evaporated milk
3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon juice
8 egg whites
1. Cream together butter and sugar at high speed.
2. Add egg yolks and cream together.
3. On low speed add flour, vanilla, evaporated milk and lemon juice.
4. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
5. Pour batter into greased and floured tube or bundt pan.
6. Bake in oven set at 250 degrees for 1 or 1 1/2 hours.
Promise of a Peaceful Home
21 hours ago