One of my students gave a presentation for his social studies class. Since his presentation was about The Czech Republic, he made these delicious bar cookies. He found the recipe at www.allrecipes.com. Although the recipe calls for walnuts, Ryan made them without the nuts in case someone had nut allergies. I'm not sure I would make them with the walnuts because they were simply delicious without them. Thanks, Ryan for sharing! ☺
1/2 pound butter
1 c. sugar
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 egg yolks
1/2 c. raspberry jam
1 c. walnuts, chopped (reserve some for top of cookies)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cream butter, adding sugar gradually until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg yolks, one at a time, blending well after each.
4. Slowly add flour, and fold in chopped nuts.
5. Spread half of dough into a greased 8x8 pan.
6. Cover bottom cookie layer with raspberry jam and then spread remaining dough on top.
7. Sprinkle with reserved nuts.
8. Bake for 1 hour.
10. Cut into bars or squares.
Your Safe Place
19 hours ago