My students at school love it when I make these funnel cakes for our team carnival. This booth is a favorite!
3 eggs, well beaten
2 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar
4 cups self-rising flour
1. Set temperature of oil in electric skillet to 375 degrees.
2. In bowl, add milk and sugar to eggs.
3. Use a whisk to stir in flour a little at a time. Be sure there are no lumps.
4. Pour batter through a funnel into grease.
5. Cook until batter is brown underneath.
6. Use tongs to flip over funnel cake and continue cooking until bottom is brown.
7. Remove from grease and place on paper towel-lined plate.
8. While hot, sprinkle funnel cake with sifted powdered sugar or cinnamon/sugar mixture. Chocolate syrup may be drizzled onto funnel cake. Pasta sauce may be spread on funnel cake and sprinkled with parmesan cheese. The topping ideas are limitless.
Playing in Concert
15 hours ago