Thursday, June 16, 2011

Decadent Peanut Butter Pie

First, let me give credit where credit is due. I found this recipe at www.recipezaar.com, but I have made a few revisions to make it work for me. This pie is soooo easy to make! I have made this pie in a regular size Oreo pie crust, and I have made it in small tart size graham cracker crusts. It makes 18 tarts. What a fun dessert to serve at a party!

Ingredients:
1 chocolate Oreo pie crust
1 cup creamy peanut butter (I prefer Jif.)
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
12-16 oz. Cool Whip (I use 12 oz. for reg. size pie & 16 oz. for tarts.)
11 3/4 oz. hot fudge topping

Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, beat together peanut butter, cream cheese and sugar.
2. Gently fold in 3 cups Cool Whip.
3. Spoon mixture into prepared pie shell, and smooth mixture to edges of pie.
4. Reserve 2 Tablespoons hot fudge topping and microwave the remainder for 1 minute. Then stir.
5. Spread hot fudge topping over pie to cover peanut butter layer.
6. Refrigerate until serving time.
7. Just before serving, spread remaining whipped topping over hot fudge layer, being careful not to mix the two layers.
8. Place reserved 2 Tablespoons hot fudge topping in a small baggie and knead for a few seconds.
9. Cut tiny hole in corner of bag and drizzle over pie.
10. Repeat with 2 Tablespoons peanut butter, drizzling in opposite direction of hot fudge topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment