This is one of my favorite soups....just sayin'! ☺
4 cans Navy beans, undrained
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 onion, chopped
4 bouillon cubes
cubed ham (You choose the amount.)~I usually buy Sahlen's ham at the deli. It tastes like ham right off the bone...Hmmm...so yummy
1 cup instant mashed potato flakes
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine or butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspooon pepper
1. Place boullion cubes in pot with six cups water.
2. Add cubed ham.
3. Cover and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
5. Place butter in large skillet over medium heat.
6. Add onion, celery and garlic to melted butter and saute until lightly browned.
7. Add instant potatoes to broth and stir.
8. Add beans (with liquid) to broth mixture.
9. Add onion mixture to broth mixture.
10. Stir in salt and pepper.
11. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
12. Reduce heat to simmer for 30 minutes before serving.
Walking on Water
16 hours ago